20 minutes of Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden gameplay
More footage of the tactical adventure game.
Publisher Funcom and developer The Bearded Ladies have released a new 20-minute gameplay video of tactical adventure game Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden.
Here is an overview of the game, via Funcom:
Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden is a tactical adventure game combining the turn-based combat of XCOM with story, exploration, stealth, and strategy. Take control of a team of Mutants navigating a post-human Earth. Created by a team including former Hitman leads and the designer of Payday.
- Tactical Combat: Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden is the ultimate fix for your tactical strategy addiction. Dive into a deep, turn-based, tactical combat system inspired by the XCOM games.
- Explore a Post-Human Earth: Journey through a post-human world of abandoned cities, crumbling highways, and overgrown countryside. Check back at the Ark, a neon-bathed oasis of ill repute and questionable characters, to restock your supplies and plan out your next adventure.
- Control a Team of Mutants: A duck with an attitude problem and a boar with anger issues; these aren’t your typical heroes. Get to know Dux, Bormin, Selma, and many other characters each with their own unique personality and deranged perspective on the world and their situation.
- Master the Stealthy Approach: Sneak through shadows to avoid conflict or to catch enemies unaware. Real-time stealth allows you full control of approach: sneak into an enemy camp, position the team of Mutants to your advantage, and gain the element of surprise.
- Unlock Mutations: Unlock new mutations and abilities for your Mutants, such as Selma’s Stoneskin, Bormin’s Charge, and Dux‘ uncanny ability to sneak into a camp full of enemies unnoticed, despite being a 4-foot tall walking, talking duck with a crossbow.
- Dynamic Environments: Use the environment to your advantage. Stay out of floodlights, hide from line of sight, or just blast down fully destructible walls and buildings and wreak utter havoc.
- Loot, Loot Everywhere: From makeshift slingshots to high-powered rifles and top hats to police vests, make sure you equip your Mutants for the dangers ahead. Nothing says post-human quite like a mutated boar in spiked metal armor charging at you with a blunderbuss in his hands.
Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden is due out for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on December 4.
Watch the footage below.
Source : https://gematsu.com/2018/10/20-minutes-of-mutant-year-zero-road-to-eden-gameplay
Latest posts by Bender Bending Rodríguez (see all)
- Inversus Deluxe update out now (version 1.7.4) - October 20, 2018
- Days Gone delayed to April 26, 2019 - October 20, 2018
- Video: Cloud Gaming Is Viable In The Future Based On This Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Review - October 20, 2018