Asterix & Obelix XXL 2 remaster details new features
Enhanced graphics, improved gameplay, and more.
The game’s new features include:
- New textures and models for all characters and enemies.
- New textures and lighting for environments.
- A new system of store that changes and adds upgrades compared with the original game. These stores are located in the six game environments and allow players to increase their skills thanks to new techniques, combos and Furies. This system is similar to a conventional skills tree.
- Cosmic Strike and Pantry: two new skills to help overcome enemies.
- Health bar upgrade: the health bar can be upgraded as the player progresses through the game in order to reach a higher maximum health level.
- Addition of three difficulty levels: easy, normal and hard.
A new addition to the remastered version: challenges!
- Challenges are bonus missions focused on fighting. The aim is to beat as many Romans as possible within a given time.
- There are two challenges in each of the six game environments, making 12 in total.
- The bronze rank is easily accessible and is a good way to earn money but reaching the Gold rank is a real challenge!
A new collectibles system:
- Postcards are now hidden in the levels, collecting all of them requires to fully explore the game.
- Figurines, now in 3D, can be unlocked in the shop.
- A new Fast Travel system: once you unlocked a level, you can easily go back thanks to fast travel and find the missing collectibles!
Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
By Toutatis! The indomitable Gauls are back with a new video game!
More than 10 years following their last appearance on games consoles and PC, Asterix and Obelix are back and in better shape than ever! Asterix & Obelix XXL 2 is a superb blend of action and adventure for all ages, with a winning combination of comedy and brawling.
But where has Getafix gone? The long-bearded druid has disappeared after betraying his own people for Julius Caesar! The Gaulish village is in uproar! They must find out the truth! Always ready for a fight, Asterix and Obelix are sent to Rome on a mission by their chief Vitalstatistix. There, they find a new amusement park – Las Vegum – built by the famous Roman emperor. To what end? What is Getafix hiding?
- Play As Asterix and Obelix – Explore Las Vegum with the inseparable Asterix and Obelix, not to forget their faithful companion Dogmatix, who will be no small help in facing the Roman legionaries. And he will not be your only ally, as the unrivalled magic potion remains your number-one weapon against the Romans! Switch between the shrewd Asterix and the superhumanly strong Obelix to take on the hordes of Romans, solve puzzles and overcome the many challenges that lie in wait!
- A Unique and Immersive Adventure – Discover the huge amusement park Las Vegum, never before seen in the franchise! Our two happy adventurers make their way through this richly detailed and colorful world, which remains faithful to the iconic series of comics created by Goscinny and Uderzo. Playing Asterix and Obelix is an experience that is truly worth a trip all the way back to 50 BC!
- A Game For All Ages – Whether you’re a diehard fan of the Gaulish tribe or have just discovered their adventures, Asterix & Obelix XXL 2 is an accessible game that’s enormously fun to play. You can also enjoy the many references to be discovered. It’s hard to not to love the game’s endearing characters and environments. There are special bonuses to be found and a new difficulty mode for the more experienced players.
- An Updated Version – Asterix & Obelix XXL 2 brings the experience of the original game to an unparalleled level. The enhanced graphics pay tribute to the comic books and the gameplay has been totally redesigned to make fighting the Romans even more fun! It also features a new system to improve your attacks and the ability to set yourself special challenges!
Asterix & Obelix XXL 2 is due out for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC on November 29.
View the screenshots at the gallery.
Source : https://gematsu.com/2018/10/asterix-obelix-xxl-2-remaster-details-new-features
Latest posts by Bender Bending Rodríguez (see all)
- Agony launches for Switch on October 31 - October 17, 2019
- Exploration puzzle game Manifold Garden launches October 18 for PC and Apple Arcade, later for PS4 - October 17, 2019
- Capcom Will Release A Resident Evil 7 Prequel Game Very Soon - October 17, 2019