Idea Factory International will release Compile Heart and Felistella-developed 3D action shooter Azur Lane: Crosswave for PlayStation 4 both physically and digitally in North America and Europe in 2020, the publisher announced. It will have Japanese voice-overs with English subtitles.
In Japan, Azur Lane: Crosswave is due out for PlayStation 4 on August 29.
The game is based on the smartphone game Azur Lane, which was first released for iOS and Android devices in 2017. Azur Lane: Crosswave utilizes Unreal Engine 4 to recreate the smartphone game’s characters in cel-shaded 3D graphics.
Here is an overview of the game, via Idea Factory International:
About Azur Lane (mobile game)
Azur Lane is a side-scrolling shooter created by Shanghai Manjuu and Xiamen Yongshi, originally released in 2017 for iOS and Android platforms. The Shanghai-based publisher, Yostar, published the Japanese and English version of the mobile game, popularizing the game to more mobile users across the world. The game takes place in a world where personified battleships from around the globe engage in side-scrolling shooter gameplay.
About Azur Lane: Crosswave
Azur Lane: Crosswave takes the spirit of the mobile game and uses the Unreal Engine to bring its characters to life in a massive 3D world, so fans can see them like they’ve never seen them before. The in-game character designs will also feature cel-shaded anime style 3D graphics that stay true to the original art.
- Ships at Bae – Players will need to defeat enemy ships and meet special criteria to unlock and customize new characters. Swap weapons and even cute accessories to fit your needs as the top commander of the seas! With a multitude of characters to collect each equipped with unique strengths and abilities and NPCs to unlock, every player will definitely find their favorite commander to customize!
- Ready Your Torpedoes and Set Sail – Before you set sail, players can prepare their character units, formations, and equipment. Customizing and preparing your formation ahead of battle is crucial!
- Glide and Weave – Don’t just sit out there like a buoy! Prepare yourself and input your attacks! Pay close attention to aerial bombs, underwater torpedoes, and incoming projectiles. Launch and aim your torpedoes, shoot down incoming aerial attacks with your anti-air guns, and swiftly glide past any incoming missiles!
- Unreal Big Fish – Azur Lane: Crosswave uses the Unreal Engine and it brings your favorite 2D characters in the original mobile app come to life in this 3D, cel-shaded world!
View a set of screenshots featuring playable characters Ayanami, Javelin, Prinz Eugen, Laffey, and Ping Hai at the gallery.
Source : https://gematsu.com/2019/05/azur-lane-crosswave-coming-west-in-2020
- Overcooked! Free Deal in Epic Games Store - June 5, 2020
- Activision delays Call of Duty: Mobile Season 7 indefinitely, says “now is not the time” - June 5, 2020
- Inside the art and gameplay of Super Mega Baseball 3 - June 4, 2020