Descent reboot coming to PS4, Xbox One, and Switch
New trailers for the six-degrees-of-freedom space shooter.
Six-degrees-of-freedom space shooter Descent, a reboot of the 1994 game of the same name, will be released for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Switch in addition to the previously announced PC, Mac, and Linux versions, developer Descendent Studios announced.
Pre-orders are available now and include access to a PC beta starting later this year, a custom version of the Generation III “Viola” ship with an exclusive paint job, special PC Beta challenges to unlock exclusive pre-season cosmetic rewards, multipass upgrade for multiplayer seasons one and two with additional gameplay challenges, and “Secret Missions” downloadable content with additional single-player missions due out later in 2019.
Users who purchased a copy of Descent, previously titled Descent: Underground, during its Kickstarter or Steam Early Access phase will have access to the PC beta and receive the full game. All PC pre-order bonuses advertised by publisher Little Orbit will also be awarded to early supporters.
Here is an overview of the game, via its official website:
Descent is reborn! Blast into classic six-degrees-of-freedom action-reimagined for a new generation using Unreal Engine 4!
Earth starves- resources dwindle, governments fall, and the last shreds of human civilization now belong to ruthless megacorporations. Mankind’s survival depends on water and minerals from deep space. Brave pilots fight deep within asteroids- their triumphs and tragedies broadcast back to Earth as entertainment… and a way to distract the teeming masses from the grumbling of their empty bellies.
Fly your way in 20 different ships with distinct roles and play styles. Customize them with noses, wings, skins, paint jobs, and a forest of tech tree upgrades. Deep dive into Descent‘s immersive single-player campaign or prove yourself in a variety of pulse-pounding multiplayer modes.
Prepare for Descent.
- The Legendary Series Returns – Descent returns! Journey back into the mines with the rebooted 90s classic, fully reimagined in the Unreal 4 engine for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and PC.
- True Freedom – Experience 6-degrees-of-freedom as you explore twisting mazes and cavernous maps. Move, hide, and attack in every direction.
- Customizable Class-Based Combat – Pick your class, customize your ship, dominate the match. Choose from over 4 classes, 20 ships, and kit them out with nose, wing, skin, and other upgrades.
- Hand-Crafted Campaign – Deep dive through an immersive single-player campaign featuring over 15 missions of puzzles, side-quests, special rewards and epic boss battles.
- Built for Multiplayer – Prove yourself in our cutting edge multiplayer experience that features 4 pulse pounding modes from free-for-all to co-op.
Watch a set of trailers below.
Source : https://gematsu.com/2018/10/descent-reboot-coming-to-ps4-xbox-one-and-switch
Latest posts by Bender Bending Rodríguez (see all)
- Doraemon: Nobita’s New Dinosaur game announced for Switch - November 12, 2019
- Puzzle & Dragons Gold launching in Japan in January 2020 - November 12, 2019
- Fanatical now selling Nintendo games in the UK and Europe, 10% discount for Pokemon Sword/Shield - November 12, 2019