Devil Engine launches for Switch and PC on February 21, PS4 and arcade later
“High octane, classic-styled side-scrolling shoot ’em up.”
Shoot ’em up Devil Engine will launch for Switch via the Nintendo eShop and PC via Steam on February 21, and for PlayStation 4 and arcades at a later date, publisher Dangen Entertainment and developer Protoculture Games announced.
Regarding the PlayStation 4 version, Protoculture Games said it “had to delay it a bit due to difficulties working with Sony.”
Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
A last ditch effort to destroy what was once to be our savior. A final mission to eliminate a disastrous future. A single ship against Earth’s entire military. The Andraste is the only hope to defeat…the Devil Engine.
Devil Engine is a high octane, classic-styled side-scrolling shoot ’em up heavily influenced by the best in the genre from the 32-bit era, featuring a variety of incredible locations, hand drawn pixel art, and a blood-pumping soundtrack that brings the dark future to life.
- Use three shot types with unique bombs to destroy everything in your path.
- Build a point multiplying combo with careful play and expend it with a bullet absorbing burst.
- Compete across eight game modes for score supremacy.
- Leave a wave of carnage across 6 incredibly detailed stages.
- Points aren’t just for collecting! Spend your accumulated points to unlock in-game shaders, additional music, stages and playable ships.
- Featuring pulse pounding music tracks composed by famed shmup composer Hyakutarou Tsukumo.
Watch the launch trailer below.
Source : https://gematsu.com/2019/02/devil-engine-launches-for-switch-and-pc-on-february-21-ps4-and-arcade-later
Latest posts by Bender Bending Rodríguez (see all)
- Fortnite update out now (version 11.20) - November 21, 2019
- Review: Animus: Harbinger – A Budget Dark Souls Clone Which Needed More Polish - November 21, 2019
- Still There footage - November 21, 2019