Disaster Report 4 Plus: Summer Memories is more of an adventure game, sequel under consideration
Survival game due out on November 22 in Japan.
The latest issue of Weekly Famitsu has a feature on Disaster Report 4 Plus: Summer Memories in commemoration of its Japanese launch this week, which includes an interview with game designer and director Kazuma Kujo.
Here are the notable tidbits:
- I’m relieved that we were able to release Disaster Report 4 Plus. I felt the pressure of not having released a new Disaster Report title in a long time.
- Thanks to the one-month delay, we were able to resolve the areas that we weren’t satisfied with.
- (Regarding additional content) I’m thinking about making a sequel to this game. While the game’s story ends in one week, there are some characters whose post-game developments I really want to depict.
- The idea for a sequel itself came when we started developing the PlayStation 4 version, but we couldn’t afford to allocate staff.
- The release of City Shrouded in Shadow for PlayStation 4 allowed us to develop Disaster Report 4 Plus.
- (Regarding differences from previous games, specifically the reason why elements like rehydrating and keeping warm aren’t strictly required) Previous Disaster Report titles have a strong action game side to them. Since this game depicts the circumstances of the people you meet in the disaster area and the relationships with those people, I wanted the game to progress as you talk to everyone that appears. Rather than an action game, it’s more like an adventure game.
- Even if you’re always hungry, you can still progress through the game itself, and you can even hold it in and not go to the bathroom until the end of the game. However, I want to make it so the player will want to do those things. I want it to be enjoyed as a kind of role-play.
Disaster Report 4 Plus: Summer Memories is due out for PlayStation 4 on November 22 in Japan.
Source : https://gematsu.com/2018/11/disaster-report-4-plus-summer-memories-is-more-of-an-adventure-game-sequel-under-consideration
Latest posts by Bender Bending Rodríguez (see all)
- Brace Yourself Games and Nintendo on how Cadence of Hyrule happened and more - March 21, 2019
- Mortal Kombat 11 adds Kotal Kahn - March 21, 2019
- Talking Point: What Does Google’s Stadia Mean For Nintendo And The Future Of Gaming? - March 21, 2019