Dragon Quest Builders 2 has a shared Bulletin Board system between PS4 and Switch
And other notable tidbits from Dengeki PlayStation.
The latest issue of Dengeki PlayStation has a Dragon Quest Builders 2 developer interview, which shares more information about the upcoming crafting RPG.
Here are the notable tidbits:
- “We couldn’t decide what to do with Dragon Quest Builders 2, but [Dragon Quest game designer Yuji] Horii said, ‘Since users liked the previous game, changing it would disappoint them,’ which alleviated our concerns. After hearing that, we changed the game to be a powered-up version of the previous title. It was really difficult up until that point.”
- “We had a difficult time making the [island] inhabitants recognize and react to the player doing certain things in certain places.”
- “A Koei Tecmo programmer who specializes in A.I. helped significantly improve the reactions and movement of characters.”
- “The fun of the RPG elements of the previous game won’t be removed. They will in fact be improved upon.”
- “The characters you meet in the story will migrate to your island in a regular, fixed manner. Clearing the game will give you more freedom to gather the characters you like. The characters you don’t like can be sent back to their home islands. You could make an island of randomly generated inhabitants, or even go all out and make an island full of nothing but male bunnies.”
- “The Bulletin Board system uses the same Bulletin Board between PlayStation 4 and Switch. You can use user-created islands from either platform.”
- “We created a server system in-house specifically for Dragon Quest Builders.”
- “For the first downloadable content, as not to keep everyone waiting too long, we picked up on feedback regarding stuff that people want as we were in development. We’re making it in response to what the players want.”
Dragon Quest Builders 2 is due out for PlayStation 4 and Switch on December 20 in Japan, and in North America and Europe in 2019.
Source : https://gematsu.com/2018/11/dragon-quest-builders-2-has-a-shared-bulletin-board-system-between-ps4-and-switch
Latest posts by Bender Bending Rodríguez (see all)
- Mistover PAX East 2019 trailer - March 27, 2019
- Review: Blaster Master Zero 2 – Pure, Retro Platforming Goodness At Its Finest - March 27, 2019
- Cook Serve Delicious! 2!! out for Switch on April 10 - March 27, 2019