Valorant closed beta release is just around the corner and Riot has released everything we need to know about the upcoming FPS title.
Valorant is the most hyped game of 2020 because of what streamers and biggest e-sports
players say about the game. Everybody is already in love with the Riot Games first FPS title.
Some say that Valorant will be dominating the FPS genre for a very long time and will
destroy Overwatch to the core.
Valorant is said to be a mixer of CS: GO and Overwatch. but there is much information that
Denys this fact.
On April 3, Riot Games released a ton of information and gave content creators early access to the game to record and share their views on the game to their audiences.
This release was only for streamers from Twitch.
Well, Riot Games will be releasing the game for other players on April 7, but this will be a closed beta release meaning the only players who will have a key will get access to the game.
However, getting a key is super easy you just need to tune in into marked Twitch Valorant streams, also you need to link your Riot and Twitch ID to get those keys.
Now, we won’t take much of your time here is everything you need to know about Valorant
closed beta – Agents, maps, Weapons etc.
“We start basically every map with that premise of, ‘what is the unique design goal for this?’” “What puzzle are we posing to the player that’s different than things that they’ve already had to solve in the game?” – Salvatore Garozzo, a senior game designer on Valorant says
Riot Games has confirmed the release of two maps at the time of release – Bind and Haven.
Map Haven is the classic tactical shooter map, but it differs from Counter-Strike because
unlike counter strike there are three sites to defend also all three of them are very much
closer to each other which makes rotation for attackers easier.
But, this doesn’t mean that defenders can’t do anything, well for defenders there is a lot of
free space to reclaim the site.
According to the developers’ addition of one extra bombsite will change every tactic that
players are used to or using from a long time.
Map Bind isn’t a classic tactical shooter, we mean it does have classic two bomb site but
there is no mid area something which can be seen in every tactical shooter map because it
helps both the sites a lot.
Well, instead of the ‘mid’ area there is a two-way teleporter which helps a player move from
one site to the other which is super cool but there is one disadvantage of using this
teleporter, it makes a loud noise when any player tries to use it which alerts every other player.
Because of this teleporter thing Bind feels like a small map while it isn’t.
As confirmed by Riot Games developers there will be a search and destroy 5v5 classic mode.
This is something that every Tactical shooter player must be familiar with. In this mode each
team will play its role, defending team will defend the site while the attacking team will plant the Spike (Valorant Bomb).
And just like any other bomb plant mission the match will finish in a classic way, either defusing or blasting or elimination of the whole team of either side.
Well, unlike CSGO there will be best of 25 rounds meaning either team which win 13 rounds
first will secure the victory.
Weapons – Valorant Closed Beta
Valorant will feature a total of six groups of weapons divided into three categories Primary, Secondary and Shield.
Well, the weapon system will work same as CS: GO so you will require to buy weapons at the
beginning of each round and some times settle with a sidearm.
Six categories of weapons hold SMGs, Shotgun, Rifle, Sniper, Heavy and Sidearm.
None of these weapons is agents based so you can choose whatever weapon you want to use for whichever agents.
Agents – Valorant Closed Beta
‘Agents’ is the name given to characters in Valorant same as legends in Apex Legends and heroes in Overwatch.
According to the Riot Games, developers Agents will make Valorant stand apart from other
FPS games in the competition.
Each of the characters has four sets of abilities which can turn cards into your favours if
used wisely. and just like Apex Legends each of them has their own backstory of how they
ended up here in the game.
There are a total of nine characters revealed until now – Cypher, Jett, Omen, Brimstone, Breach, Phoenix, Sage, Sova, and Viper.
Brimstone is an all-rounder he can be played as an aggressive character or as a supporting character.
He can do both the things killing and supporting with his four abilities and much of his
abilities don’t even require him to be in the line of sight.
- Incendiary – Launch an incendiary grenade that deploys a damaging field of fire.
- Ultimate Ability — Orbital Strike – Use your map to target a location, launching a devastating orbital strike that pulses for high damage over several seconds.
His first two abilities Incendiary & Orbital Strike can help you secure or clear one site for
your team both of these abilities does a lot of damage to any player in its AoE – Teammates included.
Orbital strike is his ultimate ability which can be charged by killing enemies.
- Signature Ability – Sky Smoke – Use your map to call in orbital deployment smokescreens that obscure vision. Click to set the locations, and confirm to launch.
Sky Smoke is Brimstone’s signature ability which lets you deploy smokes to the remote area
without being in the line of sight – this can be used as a supporting ability while retaining a site.
- Stim Beacon – Target a nearby location to call in a Stim Beacon.
Stim Beacon is Brimstone’s most crucial ability, it requires you to place the beacon physical
at one place and after that, anyone in its AoE will be destroyed including teammates.
Omen is the most ominous looking character in the game which doesn’t have any direct
damage abilities but can escape or travel in the map without being spotted, which can be
useful to get information about enemy players around the map.
- Shadow Walk – After a delay, dematerialize and teleport a short distance.
- Paranoia – Send out an Ethereal shadow in a straight line, Nearsighting anyone it touches.
Two of his abilities Shadow Walk & Paranoia are the most threatening abilities because
Shadow Walk gives him the ability to escape from any firefight or flanking enemies from behind.
Whereas Paranoia ‘purblind’ enemies in the line of sight and they might be visible to other
team members in the mini-map.
- Signature Ability – Dark Cover – Cast out a stealthed ethereal orb that bursts into an obscuring sphere of shadow at it
Well, there is no confirmation on how this ability will work because from its description it
seems like it will work same as Brimestone’s Sky smoke maybe it will cover a wide area than
sky smoke after charging.
- Ultimate Ability – From the Shadows – Select anywhere on the map to teleport and reform. When arriving, appear as a Shade, that will go back to your original location if killed. Once the teleport is complete, become Incorporeal for a short time.
This ability is something which we have never seen because it requires you (omen) to
separate from your body to teleport to other place and reform as a bodiless object (Shadow).
Cypher is like an enemy player on our side, it gathers every bit of information about enemies
location and reveals it to the team for a short period of time.
- Trapwire – Place a stealthed tripwire between two walls. Triggering enemies are restrained and revealed for a short time. If the trap is not destroyed, it activates to daze the trapped victim. Can be picked up.
- Cyber Cage – Toss out a remote activation trap. Reactivate to create a cage that slows enemies who pass through it. Look at a trap and press USE to detonate it, or hold ACTIVATE to detonate all.
Trapwire is more like the Wattson trap we saw in Apex legends, which traps anyone who
comes under its influence. Whereas Cyber Cage is more like a remote trap which can be
deployed without being close to the area and detonate from a executable range.
Both Trapwire and Cyber Cage can slow down enemies movement but you and your
teammates must have to be prepared to charge as soon as someone hit those traps.
- Signature Ability — Spycam – Place a remote camera. After placing, reactivate to view the video feed. Left-click while in-camera to fire a tracking dart. Recharges when picked up or killed.
SpyCam also works the same way as Trapwire and Cyber Cage but it is more useful when you
use it for scouting and tracking enemies with the dart to find their location in the last zone.
- Ultimate Ability — Neural Theft – Extract information from the corpse of an enemy, revealing the location of their living allies.
Neural theft is more like a doctor’s ability where you can find a dead player’s alive friends and
Jett is the most crucial and combative agent having abilities to fast travel and slicing through enemies.
- Cloudburst – Throw out a cloud of fog that obscures vision on impact. Hold down the ability button to bend the cloud’s in-flight trajectory.
Cloudburst is same as Brimestone’s Sky Smoke which creates a smoke wall between your
teammates and enemy to block their vision.
- Updraft – After a brief wind up, propel yourself upwards.
- Signature Ability – Tailwind – Immediately dash a short distance in the direction you’re moving.
When Jett’s two abilities Updraft and Tailwind is combined no one is safe from her knife.
Tailwind gives you boost in the direction you are moving to kill the enemy while Updraft gives
you boost to escape from the situation.
- Ultimate Ability – Blade Storm – Arm yourself with several deadly throwing knives that deal moderate damage and kill on headshots. Scoring a kill restores all daggers. Left-click throws a single dagger. Right-click throws all remaining daggers in a short-ranged burst.
Her ultimate ability does more damage and scares enemy more than any other ability because if she is charged enough to launch her ultimate then you must move from her
line of sight because soon there will be numerous knives flying towards you.
Also, every kill will restore her dagger.
Sage is like the goddess of all she is a full support agent with abilities to not just heal herself and teammates but also bringing them back from dead with full health.
- Slow Orb – Cast out a radianite orb that breaks into a slowing field upon impact with the ground. All caught in the field are slowed, grounded, and make noise when moving.
Being in influence with Slow Orb can be a nightmare for enemies because who so ever
comes under influence of orb it will make there moment slow and here grounded means
not able to use abilities like updraft and also making noise while moving.
- Barrier Orb – Conjure a large, solid wall. Right-click to rotate the wall before casting.
This ability is something new in Tactical Shooter which allows you not only to make spaces in
the walls but also moving them around.
- Signature Ability — Healing Orb – Heal an ally or yourself to full health over a few seconds.
Healing Orb is something which can turn numerous rounds into your favour just because
you can heal yourself and teammates mid round and while there are no weapons tied to any
particular agents sage can be very much deadly.
- Ultimate Ability — Resurrection – Target a friendly corpse. After a short delay, revive them with full health.
Resurrection is the ability which makes Sage the goddess in between match and you may
not want to annoy her because she can bring you back from the dead to full health.
Viper resembles more like Caustic in Apex Legends because of her deadly poisonous abilities.
she can poison a full area killing everyone in the influence of it also she can trap enemies.
- Snakebite – Fire a projectile that explodes into a pool of damaging acid.
Snakebite can be used as ‘Molotov’ in CS: GO do block one entrance from the site which will
buy you some time to call a fallback if it is a rush from enemies.
- Poison Cloud – Throw a gas emitter that you can reactivate to create a poisonous smoke cloud at the cost of fuel. The emitter can be picked up and thrown again after a short cooldown.
- Signature Ability — Toxic Screen – Deploy a long line of gas emitters that you can reactivate to create a tall wall of toxic gas at the cost of fuel.
Both Poison Cloud and Toxic screen require some kind of fuel to execute these abilities and eventually the fuel will recharge over a period of time.
- Ultimate Ability — Viper’s Pit – Emit a massive toxic cloud in a large area that lasts as long as Viper stays inside the cloud. Enemies inside the cloud are highlighted to Viper.
Her ultimate ability can be useful while the ‘Spike’ is planted (Valorant’s version of Bomb).
Because it gives Viper vision to see everyone inside the smoke but there is only one
disadvantage that the enemies inside the smoke will be visible only to Viper.
Sova, the Russian assassin can be your nightmare when you are hiding from your enemies
because Sova’s abilities will never spare you he can find you in any corner of the map.
- Shock Bolt – Fire an explosive bolt that emits a damaging pulse of static energy upon impact.
Sova’s other abilities like Owl Drone and Signature ability Recon Bolt makes Sova more like Cypher whose job is to gather intel on enemies location and reveal it to teammates.
But his Shock Bolt can deal damage to the revealed enemies making him also an aggressive agent.
- Owl Drone -Deploy a pilotable drone that can fire a dart that will reveal enemies who are hit.
- Signature Ability — Recon Bolt: Fire a bolt that deploys a sonar emitter. The sonar pings tag nearby enemies, causing them to be revealed. Can be destroyed.
OWL Drone and Recon Bolt are more like Cypher’s spycam which reveals enemy hiding behind walls or corners.
Both of these works like ‘Wallhack’ but Recon Bolt is is easily destroyable and reveals
enemies only from the area where it lands.
- Ultimate Ability — Hunter’s Fury: Fire up to three deadly energy blasts that spear across the entire map. Each hit enemy takes heavy damage and is marked.
Well, this is something you will want to use in later rounds when there is no sound or any
intel on enemies location because it will not only damage them but also reveal them for
you and your teammates.
Phoenix is a fire agent with much of his abilities using Fire equipment like Molotovs and incendiaries in CSGO.
- Hot Hands – Throw a fireball that explodes after a delay or upon impact with the ground. The fire zone damages enemies, and heals you.
Hot Hands have an AoE which burns everyone in its range and heals you which makes Phoneix both medic and aggressive.
- Blaze -Cast out a flame wall that blocks vision and damages anyone passing through it. You can bend the wall when casting by turning while holding left-click.
Blaze is more like clearing an area to regain the site or to diffuse the bomb because anyone
who tries to cross the wall will deal a lot of damage.
- Signature Ability — Curveball – Cast a curving flare that bursts into brilliant light after a brief delay, temporarily blinding all looking at it. Left-click curves it left, right-click curves it right.
Curveball is more like a FlashBang from CSGO which blinds everyone in its line of sight.
Also to cast a Curveball Phoenix doesn’t need to be in the Line of Sight which means he can
cast it from a safer distance.
- Ultimate Ability — Run it Back– Mark your current location. If you die during this ability’s duration, or when it expires, you’ll be reborn at the marked location with full health.
Run Back is the best ability when you are rushing towards the enemy base or regaining a site.
It looks like Valorant have a lot of supporting agents than combative.
Breach is the last one to be released by Riot Games. And his much of his abilities make him
an entry or initiator agent.
- Aftershock – Equip a fusion charge. Fire the charge to set a slow-acting burst through the wall. The burst does heavy damage to anyone caught in the area.
- Flashpoint – Equip a blinding charge. Fire the charge to set a fast-acting burst through the wall. The charge detonates to blind all players looking at it.
Both of these abilities can be used from a safer distance because both of them have there AoE.
You can use both of them in combination to blind and kill enemies.
- Signature Ability – Fault Line: Equip a seismic blast. Hold Fire to increase the distance. Release to set off the quake, dazing all players in its zone.
- Ultimate Ability – Rolling Thunder: Equip a seismic charge. Fire to send a cascading wake through all terrain in a large cone. The quake dazes and knocks up anyone caught in it.
Both of these can also be set from a safer distance and can be used in early rounds or while
someone is planting the ‘Spike’.
That is Everything you need to know about Valorant closed beta if you want to know more about Valorant and make sure to follow us on Twitter.