Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force for Switch launches January 17
New set of battle screenshots released.
The Switch version of Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force will launch via the Nintendo eShop on January 17, North American publisher Idea Factory International and European publisher Ghostlight Interactive announced. It will be available at a 20 percent off discount price of $39.99 for the first two weeks of release, and include all 25 add-ons originally released for the PlayStation 4 version.
Idea Factory International also released a new set of screenshots showcasing the different battle systems players will utilize in combat. Here is an overview:
Players will need to be aware and strategize the following actions you’ll need to make during battle: the Action Window, Attack, Wait, and Command. The move sets chosen will ultimately effect the overall turn order shown on the Action Window. Within the Command option, players will have five options to choose from:
- Skills / Magic – Use your SP to use special attacks, heal HP, or other command buffs to help Fang and the gang through tough battles. Note that some skills require HP to use.
- Items – Utilize items wisely to heal HP/SP, remove status effects, and revive party members that are knocked out.
- Special – Each character possesses their own Special command with unique effects. “Fang’s Serious Face” Special, increases his attack power by 1.5x, while “Pippin’s Persuade,” if successful, will make Pippin attempt to “negotiate” with the enemy and drive them away.
- Switch – This allows players to swap in reserve party members (Have up to 6 party members on the field!)
- Fairize – Once your Tension Gauge reaches a certain level, characters can Fairize, which transforms your characters into powerful beings! During their Fairize state, a character’s attack and defense becomes much stronger. Players, however, must take caution of the Tension Gauge as characters will be forced out of the Fairize state once the gauge gets too low.
And here is an overview of the game:
Long ago, a war waged between the Vile God and the Goddess.
The battle was fierce; the two were equally matched. Finally, both sides unleashed special weapons that contained fairies imbued with their power. Using this power, each god sealed away the other within another world. And so, time passed…
The weapons that the Goddess and the Vile God left were called Furies, and the warriors who used them were called Fencers. Rumors arose that the Furies were so powerful, whoever collected them all would be granted one wish. As a result, Fencers fought each other endlessly to obtain them.
By chance, a young man named Fang happened to unwittingly become a Fencer, and saved a girl named Tiara. And she, too, was a Fencer.
From that day forward, Fang found himself an important part of the battle between the Goddess and the Vile God.
- Three Stories, Three Paths! In the three stories to play – the Goddess story, the Vile God story, and the Evil Goddess story – friends become foes, foes become friends, and based on your choices, multiple endings can be unlocked!
- Three Ways to Fight and Fairize! Play in Easy, Normal, or Hard mode and switch the difficulty up whenever you want to balance the game to your play style!
- Three’s a Crowd, Six is a Party! With up to six party members on the battlefield at a time, you can play as all your favorite Fencers!
- Shape the World Around You! Customize weapons by fusing them with fairies and change dungeons stats through world-shaping. Even power up Fencers through the fairies’ power to transform, or fairize, during battle and change your world!
View the screenshots at the gallery.
Source : https://gematsu.com/2019/01/fairy-fencer-f-advent-dark-force-for-switch-launches-january-17
Latest posts by Bender Bending Rodríguez (see all)
- Scans roundup – Fire Emblem: Three Houses, Oninaki, more - April 24, 2019
- PixARK launches May 31 - April 24, 2019
- Ark: Survival Evolved Spin-Off PixARK Roars Onto Switch Next Month - April 24, 2019