Koei Tecmo shared new information and a character trailer for the recently announced Fairy Tail game developed by Gust during the “Fairy Tail Special Stage” at Tokyo Game Show 2019.
Here are the details:
Experience an exciting story!
A dream gathering of popular mages!
There are more than 10 unique playable characters. Five have been announced thus far: Wendy Marvell, Lucy Heartfilia, Natsu Dragneel, Gray Fullbuster, and Erza Scarlet.
Build up your “Guild” with your allies!
The Guild is your base. It is located in Magnolia Town, which has been reproduced in the game. Your guild will grow as you adventure to various levels. As it grows you will receive more requests on the Request Board, shops will sell more items, and you will even be able to establish a research laboratory.
Powerful magic battles!
“Mode Changer” can be activated during battle. Support characters can also lend a hand with powerful magic attacks.
Immediately following the stage event, various Japanese outlets such as 4Gamer.net and Dengeki Online published interviews with with Koei Tecmo producer Keisuke Kikuchi, which contain new information and screenshots. The 4Gamer.net interview also provides the following two images of the game running on a PlayStation 4 Pro:
The new details include:
- The game flow is based on the Guild, which is an important part of the original manga. The game cycle is: receive a request at the Guild, clear the request (monster subjugation, exploration, etc.), and your Guild grows as a result.
- Like the Atelier series, the game uses a symbol encounter system for battles. When you run into an enemy on the field, you will enter a turn-based command input battle scene. Like the player’s party, enemies also have a certain formation, and you will have to think about the attributes and effect range of your magic. It is described as a “highly strategic” battle system.
- MP is required to use magic, but there is a system in place that restores MP upon defeating an enemy. By meeting certain conditions, you can also use powerful, cooperative magic attacks. More details will be announced in the future.
- The Hades battle at the climax of the Tenrou Island arc is the prologue of the game. The game starts after the Guild collapses and reconstruction efforts begin with everyone’s help. As a story that continues from there, the Grand Magic Games arc that occurs halfway into the original work will be the first half of the game’s story.
- The main story runs along that of the anime, but as with previous Gust games, there will be stuff to do after the ending. Original episodes are being prepared. Also, original stories such as episodes and requests for each character will be scattered to the extent that they do not disrupt the flow of the story.
- Like the Atelier series, there is a world map that connects Magnolia Town and the fields. You’ll be able to visit several towns—one image showed Crocus.
- Fairy Tail creator Hiro Mashima is supervising the graphics when it comes to character appearance, as well as providing advice in terms of game content.
- Development is about 50 percent complete.
More information is due out via a web broadcast in October.
Fairy Tail is due out for PlayStation 4, Switch, and PC worldwide in 2020.
Watch the character trailers below, featuring Erza Scarlet, Wendy Marvell, Gray Fullbuster, Lucy Heartfilia, and Natsu Dragneel (with support from Makarov Dreyar). View the screenshots at the gallery.
Source : https://gematsu.com/2019/09/fairy-tail-tgs-2019-details-character-trailer-and-screenshots
Latest posts by Bender Bending Rodríguez (see all)
- Nintendo Minute – “Inside Nintendo Live 2019 in Kyoto, Japan” - October 19, 2019
- Project Sakura Wars ‘Lancelot’ character song music video - October 19, 2019
- Overwatch Switch tech analysis - October 19, 2019