Ubisoft will update Ghost Recon: Wildlands on July 18 with a free new game mode called “Mercenaries,” the company announced.
Here is an overview of the mode, via Ubisoft:
Mercenaries is an eight-player free-for-all PvPvE gameplay experience. The objective is to call for rescue, locate and reach the extraction point, then be the first to board the chopper.
At the beginning of the match, the extraction point is unknown and players will have no ranged weapons, gear or items. Players will need to locate and activate radio transmitters to shrink the possible extract zone on the map. In the meantime, players will fight to be the first to gain intel on transmitter locations while looting gear, weapons and money. After the first player has activated three transmitters, the chopper will head to the extraction point and once landed, the location will be revealed to everyone. The first player to fill their extraction gauge and board the chopper wins.
Mercenaries mode introduces a wealth of new mechanics including:
- Looting for Gear: Players start the game just with a melee weapon and will need to find the best gear, weapons and consumables to fight the Unidad forces and enemy players. If a player dies, they will lose all of the loot gathered and start at square one when they respawn.
- Armor: Mercenaries mode will feature a new health and armor system. Based on the gear players pick up, an armor bar will appear. This bar will absorb a percentage of damage based on the penetration capability of the opponent’s weapon.
- Health: If players are hit by a weapon that deals penetration damage, they will bleed and gradually lose a percentage of their health. If they are injured, they will be able to loot three different types of healing items to get back into fighting shape: medikits, bandages and syringes.
- Destructible Doors: Destructible doors can be opened with CQC, behind which players may find intel, loot, or cover to aid them in their fight. Players will need to think tactically about when to use this as opponents will be able to hear the breaking doors if they are close by.
Additionally, as a thank-you to players, the Lone Wolf Costume will be given as a reward after completing their first match. Along with the Lone Wolf Costume, players will be able to receive a series of rewards based on their wins.
Ghost Recon: Wildlands is available now for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.
Watch a trailer for Mercenaries mode below.
Source : https://gematsu.com/2019/07/ghost-recon-wildlands-free-update-to-add-eight-player-mercenaries-mode-on-july-18
Latest posts by Bender Bending Rodríguez (see all)
- Stealth Adventure Espire 1: VR Operative Sneaks to PS VR Today - November 22, 2019
- Strictly Limited Games releasing Darius Cozmic Collection in the west - November 22, 2019
- Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers ‘Morgana’ trailer - November 22, 2019