Marvel’s Iron Man VR will launch for PlayStation VR on February 28, 2020, publisher Sony Interactive Entertainment and developer Camouflaj announced during the Marvel Games Panel at New York Comic-Con 2019.
The game will be available in the following editions:
Standard Edition ($39.99 USD MSRP / $49.99 CAD MSRP)
Available physically and digitally.
Digital Deluxe Edition ($49.99 USD MSRP / $59.99 CAD MSRP)
- Marvel’s Iron Man VR Game
- Four Deluxe Edition Deco Armors (Golden Avenger, Black Centurion, Sun Stinger, and Stealth Armor)
- 12 Research Points – Research Points are gained by analyzing combat data from Iron Man’s performance in the field. This research and analysis allows Friday to develop new technology (weapons and augments) for the Impulse Suit. Use these Research Points to unlock some weapons and augments early and customize to play style.
- Marvel’s Iron Man VR Digital Deluxe Soundtrack
- Digital Deluxe Edition Iron Man PS4 Theme
Pre-order any of these at your favorite retailer and receive a code good to download the following at launch:
- Four Custom Armor Decos (Origin Armor, Vintage Armor, Silver Centurion Armor, and Ultraviolet Armor)
- Marvel’s Iron Man VR Dynamic PS4 theme
Here are some new details about the game, via Camouflaj lead writer Brendan Murphy on the PlayStation Blog:
With my colleagues at Camouflaj, we’ve spent the past three years creating the ultimate Iron Man game for PlayStation VR. From day one, we’ve had our work cut out for us: not only do we need to deliver incredible Super Hero action and flying in VR, but we had to pair that with a heartfelt, original story about Tony Stark.
With Marvel’s Iron Man VR, we approached our big story moments with humor, heart, and suspense—attributes that map perfectly with Tony Stark. Given the fact that the game is built from the ground up for VR, we doubled down on the storytelling strengths of virtual reality. This means putting the player in the shoes of Tony Stark—literally—as players embody Tony, interact with the world, choose some dialogue beats, and live his life in and out of the armor. Lastly, we sought to leverage the sense of presence in VR by populating the game with iconic Marvel characters to interact with.
Crafting a story that can only be told in VR requires heavy iteration. Central to that process was teaming up with the creative director of Marvel Games, Bill Rosemann, who encouraged us to think big and differently about the game’s narrative, and provided terrific guidance for how to fashion an authentic Tony Stark experience. More recently, we’ve also paired with famed Marvel writer Christos Gage to help with some additional writing and sprinkling in some fun “Marvel-ness” into the script!
The story has gone through many iterations, yet early on, we landed on the idea that hacker villain Ghost should be Marvel’s Iron Man VR’s headlining antagonist. Ghost is an all-time classic Iron Man super Villain, starting from the character’s first appearance in Iron Man #219, this formidable adversary continues to challenge Iron Man throughout multiple arcs, such as Inevitable and Unholy Ghost. In our game, Ghost is a great foil for Tony Stark—she not only holds a grudge against our hero, but holds a mirror up to him. As a witness to the damage caused by Stark-made weapons years earlier, Ghost’s fight against Iron Man is both ideological and personal. Because of Ghost, our complex and fascinating hero must reconcile his troubled past, both on and off the battlefield…
Watch a new story trailer below.
Source : https://gematsu.com/2019/10/marvels-iron-man-vr-launches-february-28-2020
- The Legend of Zelda Majora’s Mask Easter Egg Revealed 21 Years After Release - December 3, 2021
- Genshin Impact 2.4 Leaks Unveil Zhongli and 2 Other Banner Reruns - December 3, 2021
- Genshin Impact December 2021 Starglitter Exchange 4 Star Characters Revealed - December 2, 2021