How far will you go to save the ones you love? Could you face the threats that surround you? Could you face yourself? The answer to these questions (and possible others) will be revealed early next year when NIS America releases Monark for Nintendo Switch.
Monark is a slickly-styled JRPG set in the Shin Mikado Academy, which has been surround by a mysterious and deadly mist. In order to save your friends, you enter the source of the mist: the Otherworld. Within this Daemon-filled dimension realm, you must learn to harness your Authority of Vanity and conjure a battalion of Fiends to lead in turn-based, free movement battles.
Develop your Ego through various psychological tests to enhance the power of your Fiends, and lead your forces into battle to fight with and against the seven “Pactbearers” that are corrupting the academy. Embrace the power of your madness to gain strength, but take care not to delve too far, lest you risk losing yourself. Fellow students and instructors will lend you their aid in your quest to resolve the anomalies throughout the campus.
At my school, the worst I had to worry about was getting out of band in time to catch the bus home. Different world, different time, I guess.
In Monark, players will
- Jump between exploring the Mist of the real world and fighting within the enigmatic Otherworld. Call upon allies, fight enemies, and unravel the mysteries surrounding your academy.
- Dive into a dark realm where reality and the self collide. The mysterious worlds you’ll explore are brought to life in a surreal, dark neo-fantasy style, with intricate character designs and evocative settings.
- Strengthen your Ego and customize the appearance and abilities of your Fiends. Unlock different Fiends to command in battle, and use the freeform tactical system to position your units and unleash destruction upon your enemies.
Monark will be available for Nintendo Switch in digital and physical editions, including a Limited Edition that will include the items seen below:
The Limited Edition is now available for preorder for $99.99.
For more information on Monark, visit nisamerica.com/monark/.
- In Stellaris’ latest update, the robots are coming to eat you - September 24, 2021
- Eve Online arrives in the Epic Games Store with a revamped new player experience - September 24, 2021
- I think I understand these new… - September 24, 2021