Closed beta applications for the North American release of Phantasy Star Online 2 for Xbox One are now available via the Xbox Insider Program, Sega announced.
To apply, first install the Xbox Insider Hub on your Xbox One console or Windows 10 device. From there, select “Insider Content” from the main dashboard, then “Phantasy Star Online 2” under “Games,” and then “Join” to register for early sign-up. Only players based in the United States and Canada may apply.
While the closed beta is exclusive to Xbox One, Windows 10 users can also register for early sign-up. The closed beta start date and other information will be disclosed at a later date.
The North American release of Phantasy Star Online 2 was first announced for Xbox One and Windows 10 devices at E3 2019. The free-to-play massively multiplayer online RPG is currently available for PlayStation 4, Switch, PS Vita, and PC in Japan. The PlayStation 4, Switch, and PS Vita versions have not been confirmed for a western release.
Here is an overview of the game, via Xbox Wire:
In Phantasy Star Online 2, you are a member of ARKS, a task force dedicated to exploring numerous planets and protecting the universe against a malignant force called the Falspawn. Embark on a never-ending assortment of missions with fellow operatives and experience unparalleled action RPG combat, completely free to play.
- Better Together – Get ready for the ultimate online Free-to-Play experience and go out on missions with a party of up to four players or explore exclusive multiparty areas where up to twelve players can play simultaneously!
- Unmatched Combat – Phantasy Star Online 2 features one of the most responsive action combat systems among online RPGs. Combo your way through multiple enemies at once and engage in unforgettable boss fights armed with highly customizable skillsets, each unique to one of nine classes and eighteen distinct weapon types.
- Several Ways to Play – Switch character classes at any time to find your ideal playstyle: hack-and-slash through missions with melee-based roles or take a step back and eliminate foes by using ranged or elemental attacks! You can also customize the way you play by selecting different camera settings, including an over-the-shoulder view to aim at enemies with better precision.
- Endless Exploration – Choose from multiple difficulty settings catered to your skill and character level. Jump into procedurally-generated environments that reshape your adventures whenever you play and experience unexpected events and random monsters spawning with every mission!
- Ultimate Character Customization – Discover one of gaming’s most powerful character creators and design the ultimate ARKS Operative. Choose from one of four distinct races and fully customize your character’s appearance with a robust yet easy-to-use system. Take your character customization to the next level with Phantasy Star Online 2’s ever-expanding catalog of editable accessories and layered outfits to mix and match, resulting in countless possibilities for creating a one-of-a-kind character.
Source : https://gematsu.com/2019/12/phantasy-star-online-2-north-american-xbox-one-closed-beta-sign-ups-now-available
- How Square Enix Reimagined FFVII Superboss Ruby Weapon for Final Fantasy XIV - February 27, 2020
- March’s Free PS Plus Games: Shadow of the Colossus and Sonic Forces - February 27, 2020
- Death and Taxes Review - February 26, 2020