PS4 worldwide sales top 91.6 million, Marvel’s Spider-Man sales top nine million
More than 5.6 million units sold during the 2018 holiday season.
PlayStation 4 has cumulatively sold through more than 91.6 million units worldwide to consumers as of December 31, 2018, Sony Interactive Entertainment announced.
Here are some additional latest numbers:
- PlayStation 4 hardware sold through more than 5.6 million units worldwide during the 2018 holiday season.
- PlayStation 4 games sold through more than 50.7 million units worldwide during the 2018 holiday season, which adds up to a total of 876 million PlayStation 4 games cumulatively sold through worldwide as of December 31, 2018.
- Marvel’s Spider-Man, launched in September 2018, has cumulatively sold through more than nine million copies worldwide as of November 25, 2018.
“Thanks to the continued support from our fans during the holiday season, we are pleased to announce that PS4 has reached 91.6 million units globally,” Sony Interactive Entertainment president and CEO John Kodera said in a press release. “We are also happy to announce that the monthly active users of PlayStation Network continues to show strong growth, and has surpassed 90 million as of end of November 2018.”
Kodera continued, “I would like to express my deepest gratitude to our passionate community around the globe, and our partners, for helping us achieve these milestones. This year, we will bring more enhanced experiences to our fans along with a highly anticipated lineup of games that are only possible on PS4. As we look toward the next PS4 milestone, SIE will continue to evolve, and we will further expand the platform to deliver the best interactive entertainment experiences to the world.”
Source : https://gematsu.com/2019/01/ps4-worldwide-sales-top-91-6-million-marvels-spider-man-sales-top-nine-million
Latest posts by Bender Bending Rodríguez (see all)
- Scans roundup – Fire Emblem: Three Houses, Oninaki, more - April 24, 2019
- PixARK launches May 31 - April 24, 2019
- Ark: Survival Evolved Spin-Off PixARK Roars Onto Switch Next Month - April 24, 2019