Publisher Dangen Entertainment and developer X Plus have announced Smelter, a real-time strategy action platformer hybrid inspired by classic games of the 16-bit era coming to PlayStation 4, Switch, and PC via Steam in 2020.
Here is an overview of the game, via Dangen Entertainment:
Smelter is a real time strategy-action platformer hybrid inspired by classic games of the 16-bit era. Players play as Eve, who teams up with the mysterious armor, Smelter, in her search for Adam. Expand Smelter’s fortifications throughout the various domains of the Rumbly Lands watched over by the Guardians and Watchers. Defend against onslaughts of enemies, discover lost ruins, meet new and eccentric characters and grow stronger before diving into pulse pounding, 2D side-scrolling action platformer levels.
- Combines the methodical planning of real time strategy games with the energy of action platformers.
- Bespoke handcrafted pixel art.
- Three different Elemental skill sets, each with their own unique movement, attack and defense skills you’ll need to fight monsters, traverse levels, and solve puzzles.
- Three unique Domains with their own memorable stories, stages, side characters, enemies and bosses.
Watch a trailer below.
Source : https://gematsu.com/2019/05/real-time-strategy-action-platformer-hybrid-smelter-announced-for-ps4-switch-and-pc
Latest posts by Bender Bending Rodríguez (see all)
- Still There footage - November 21, 2019
- Borderlands 3 campaign DLC ‘Moxxi’s Heist of the Handsome Jackpot’ announced - November 21, 2019
- Samurai Shodown Is Still On Course For 2019 Release In Japan, Pre-Load Now Available - November 21, 2019