Publisher Modus Games and developer Stormind Games have released new information and screenshots of Remothered: Broken Porcelain introducing the story and characters of the survival horror game sequel.
Get the details below.
- Developer: Stormind Games
- Publisher: Modus Games
- Price: $29.99
- Release Date: Summer 2020
- Platforms: PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, PC
- ESRB: Pending
- Genre: Survival Horror, Adventure
An emotional journey of horror, tragedy, and love.
The award-winning survival horror series Remothered returns in the highly anticipated Remothered: Broken Porcelain. Serving as a continuation of Remothered: Tormented Fathers, relive events from the characters’ painful past during intense flashbacks and endure new unspeakable horrors in the present day that await them in the Ashmann Inn—a mysterious and decaying tomb for its many secrets as well as dangers.
The truths buried in the Ashmann Inn will not be discovered easily – its many mysteries are intertwined and guarded by the looming threat of the stalkers, powerful hunters trapped in time and the confines of its walls. Survival will take more than just quick reactions as a strategic and resourceful approach to encounters will mean the difference between life or death. Be smart – knowing the best time to sneak, flee or fight imminent dangers can quickly make these hunters become the hunted.
Broken Porcelain brings an abundance of welcome changes to the series, introducing new gameplay and storytelling elements that breathe new life into the characters and create an unprecedented level of immersion in this haunting adventure – perfect for both new and returning fans to the series.
- Thrilling Psychological Plot. The award-winning cult classic Remothered returns in Broken Porcelain, the perfect entry point for new fans discovering the franchise as well as series veterans craving additional lore surrounding the events and characters of Tormented Fathers.
- Realistic Survival Horror. The Ashmann Inn is as rich in resources as it is dangers. Cautiously scour the environment for items to aid your exploration of unsettling locations that hide grave secrets of a terrifying past.
- Intense Stealth Gameplay. Roam among the shadows of Ashmann Inn and use everything at your disposal to distract enemies for a resourceful escape.
- Investigate and Escape. Challenging puzzles, expanded lore, and a haunting soundtrack by composer Luca Balboni (Remothered: Tormented Fathers, Mine, Watch Them Fall) transforms the dark and gloomy atmosphere into a terrifying experience that will haunt players well after the game is over.
- Captivating Characters. The roster of charismatic characters grows as fan favorites return to meet all the new additions to the cast inspired by the protagonists of horror classics.
- Real-Time Cinematics. In a series first, fully animated real-time cinematics drive the narrative forward like never before.
After her expulsion from an all-girls boarding school, the rebellious Jen suffers an injury attempting to escape from the Ashmann Inn, where she was sent to serve as one of its maids. Together with her new friend and fellow maid, a timid violinist named Linn, Jen slowly becomes aware of the manor’s unsettling history. As the two girls begin to observe strange occurrences involving the inn’s residents, a haunting figure lurking within the halls, and an ominous presence from inside the hotel, the duo must escape from their prison with the truth… and their lives.
Meanwhile, the enigmatic Rosemary Reed encounters an old nemesis, the since disfigured owner of the Ashmann Inn, in her continued search for Celeste Felton-a young girl who vanished years before under unexplainable circumstances. Closer to the answers she seeks than ever before, Reed will uncover everyone’s role in this twisted plot, for better or worse.
- Jennifer “Jen” – An unruly yet reserved fifteen-year-old misfit, has been entrusted to the Ashmann Inn as its maid after being expelled from the Flemmington Girls’ Institute. Upon her arrival, she discovers that the residents of the inn are connected by a dark presence-the beating heart of the hotel-that perceives her as a threat. All the while, Jen’s past comes back to haunt her no matter what measures she takes to escape.
- Rosemary Reed – Reed, a disturbed fugitive seeking answers, continues her search for the missing Celeste Felton. Her investigation will lead her to an old acquaintance, the creepy owner of the hotel who is now disfigured by a horrible “accident. Her determination to find the truth will push Reed to her limits and challenge everything she knows to be true.
- Porcelain – Rumors describe Porcelain as a haunting figure said to stalk the Ashmann Inn, tormenting its inhabitants with his vicious looking cane and iconic whistle that reverberates throughout its halls. No one can confirm if he really exists, but Jen can’t help shake the feeling that he’s always near, watching from just around the corner.
- Andrea Massino – As the main housekeeper of the peculiar Ashmann Inn, Andrea runs a tight ship. She is deeply loyal to the owners of the inn and aware of many of their dark secrets. Despite being a devout servant of God, a series of unfortunate events in her past has led her to believe she has been condemned by her faith, and that someone inside the hotel may be plotting her demise.
- Lindsay Linn – Linn is a timid and insecure sixteen-year-old girl with a stutter who works at the Ashmann Inn as a maid. Despite her social deficiencies, the talented violinist quickly befriends Jen through their mutual passion for music. However, their budding friendship will be put to test as they navigate the dangers within their new home.
View the screenshots at the gallery.
Source : https://gematsu.com/2019/11/remothered-broken-porcelain-details-story-characters