RICO: Breakout is the first DLC (and hopefully one of many to come) for RICO, an indie gem popular among fans of shooter games. RICO was released originally in Early 2019 by publisher Rising Star Games and developer Groundshatter. The game was scored highly on my behalf for Pure Nintendo–and I still stand behind my original scoring. The game has excellent replay value, fun gameplay, and an excellent art style!
RICO: Breakout has players battling a set of new enemies that broke out of the San Amaro prison, bringing disorder to the area. With a city-wide curfew in place, it’s up to the RICO team to bring peace and order back to the city. RICO: Breakout introduces a brand-new environment and several weapons for players to use.
RICO: Breakout DLC Features
- G18 – Fully automatic pistol
- UMP45 – High calibre sub-machine gun
- G36C – Short-barrel special forces rifle
RICO: Breakout is out this Thursday so let's show off our three new guns. pic.twitter.com/th2rmJi2vh
— Ground Shatter Games (@GroundShatter) March 9, 2020
- A new lockdown level sees the player trapped in the San Amaro prison facing down the escaped prisoners trying to take them out.
If you aren’t willing to rob a bank for the spare change for this piece of downloadable content, you can enjoy the new in-game soundtrack that is being added in a free patch on the same day that the DLC is available.
Do you like our news and review coverage at Pure Nintendo? If so, then you should consider subscribing to our magazine via Patreon. Pure Nintendo Magazine has exclusive coverage you will not find on the website, e.g. features, previews, interviews, and more!
- Tricky Towers Physical Edition Announced By Super Rare Games - May 31, 2020
- Review: Red Wings: Aces of the Sky (Nintendo Switch) - May 31, 2020
- Review: realMyst: Masterpiece Edition (Nintendo Switch) - May 31, 2020