Super Neptunia RPG delayed to spring 2019 in the west
No longer planned for fall 2018.
Idea Factory International has delayed Super Neptunia RPG from its previously planned fall 2018 release to spring 2019 in North America and Europe.
In Japan, Super Neptunia RPG is still due out for PlayStation 4 on September 27. The Switch version has not been announced for the country.
Here is an overview of the game, via Idea Factory International:
Developed by Artisan Studios in Canada, this game brings the characters of the self-referential Neptunia series to life in a whole new way. Each character was hand-drawn by Tsunako, the artist behind the series, then animated by computer magic to create a world that’s mysteriously gone from three dimensions to two. Explore side-scrolling dungeons and fight in turn-based battles to settle the debate once and for all – which games are better: 2D or 3D!
In a world where 2D games reign supreme, an organization called Bombyx Mori forces its citizens to churn out 2D games as offerings to their leader. Those who dare to use new technologies or whose games don’t meet their standards risk banishment to the soul-crushing Trial Grounds. A girl awakens in this world with no recollection of anything beyond her name, Neptune, and soon realizes she possesses great strength. With her newfound sense of heroism and a strange book known as Histoire in hand, she sets off on a journey to see if there might be more than this two-dimensional life.
- Old School Dungeons! – Explore gorgeously painted, interactive dungeons in a style inspired by classic gaming titles.
- Follow the Leader! – Enter turn-based battles where the party’s attack style changes based on the battle leader. Switch leaders on the fly, transform mid-battle, and use elemental attacks to maximize your team’s strategy!
- Save Gamindustri! – In a time where retro gaming and 3D graphics are at polar ends, this story delves headfirst into the debate for a self-aware ribbing of gaming culture.
- 2D Comes to Life! – The hand-drawn art of Neptunia series artist Tsunako is brought to life by Artisan Studios, showing the characters in a whole new way!
Watch the game’s opening movie below.
Source : https://gematsu.com/2018/08/super-neptunia-rpg-delayed-to-spring-2019-in-the-west
Latest posts by Bender Bending Rodríguez (see all)
- Egress launches via Steam Early Access on November 8, PS4 and Xbox One in early 2019 - October 21, 2018
- Warriors Orochi 4 dev says Nintendo character was considered, Xeno and Ys Warriors have “potential” - October 21, 2018
- Super Mario Run’s latest event features Luigi - October 20, 2018