Another firmware version arrives for Nintendo Switch, the V9.0.0 system is available to download already. It’s an Major update this time, many new features released together with fixing the issue to play Fire Emblem: Three Houses. However, you are Not recommended to do firmware update for now, if you want to hack the console, why?
Switch Firmware 9.0.0 Hacking Scene
The current status: Sciresm already dumped the V9.0.0 system keys, but Atmosphere, SX OS and any other CFWs can’t be booted on the Nintendo Switch firmware 9.0.0 currently, they are Patched by the new system update. That’s the reason Do not update your hacked Switch console firmware.
- SX OS(2.8.1,the latest version): Do not work on firmware 9.0.0.
- Atmosphere(0.9.3,the latest version) : the same. The latest AMS 0.9.4 supports V9.0, check here.
- Other CFWs: the same.
- Homebrew:the same.
Plus, the upcoming Nintendo Switch Lite should with firmware 9.0.0 as well, and it isn’t using the same processor as the orignal Switch, so it can’t be Jailbreaked too, and will be for a long long time.
For short, Nintendo Switch with V9.0 console will be hackable but Switch Lite with V9.0 console isn’t Hackable.
When will SX OS or Atmosphere support the Switch FW 9.0.0?
It all depends on how soon will Sciresm release the new Atmosphere for FW V9.0.0. Once the Atmosphere be updated, then within 1 to 2 weeks, the SX OS and other CFWs can be udpated too. Usually the time won’t be long, from 1 week to 1 month, so just wait patiently, and now Emunand is still working, if you have Emunand installed on Switch via SX OS, you can upgrade to V9.0.0, then enjoy all new features at the following.
New Features on Switch FW 9.0.0 Console
- Added a search feature for the News Channel.
- Channels can be searched using filters or free text.
- Added “View QR code to check in” in User Settings.
- You can display a QR code on the screen to check in with your Nintendo account.
- Alarm messages have been added to System Settings> Notifications.
- You can check or delete preset alarms.
- Alarms can only be set within the supported software (to be added at a later date).
- An update to the firmware update may be required to use this feature.
- You can now configure touch screen sensitivity settings.
- Choose between Standard and Stylus sensitivity (optimized for touch input).
- Added the option to turn on / off the system key input (Nintendo Switch Lite only).
- When this setting is turned off, the system will no longer receive input from the console buttons, except for the Capture and HOME buttons, and can only be managed from a wireless paired controller (sold separately).
- This setting is on by default and can only be turned off if a compatible controller (sold separately) is wirelessly connected to the console.
- The setting is automatically turned on when the console is restarted or after returning from hibernation.
- Added the “Online Play Invites” section to the user page.
- Invites from friends to join online games in supported software are shown in this section.
- General system stability enhancements to enhance user experience.
- Fixed an issue where some users can’t start the Fire Emblem: Three Houses game and get an error instead.
Source : https://www.mod3dscard.com/blog/switch-9-0-0-firmware-is-here-are-we-safe-to-update-for-hacking/
Latest posts by Bender Bending Rodríguez (see all)
- Splatoon Boy and Splatoon Boy: DX Edition figma pre-orders open - November 15, 2019
- Inside Xbox: X019 London Special live stream - November 15, 2019
- Review: WRC 8 FIA World Rally Championship – A Decent Racer That Struggles In Switch’s Portable Mode - November 15, 2019