Shoot ’em up bundle Vasara Collection will launch both physically and digitally for PlayStation 4, and digitally for Xbox One and Switch on November 24 in Japan for 5,800 yen, publisher Chorus Worldwide announced.
First-print copies of the PlayStation 4 physical edition will include a 40-page original art book and an original soundtrack CD.
Here is the official box art:
In the west, Vasara Collection is planned for release digitally across PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, PC, Mac, and PS Vita, with limited run physical editions planned for PlayStation 4, Switch, and PS Vita. The last-announced release window was “early 2019,” but that has long passed and an updated release plan for the west has yet to be announced.
Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
For the very first time, highly acclaimed Japanese arcade shoot ’em ups—Vasara (2000) and Vasara 2 (2001)—are made available to the whole world via this package: Vasara Collection!
Science Fiction meets History in these arcade classics which take place in an alternate timeline Feudal Japan where technologically advanced weaponry and equipment are a reality, and heroes use flying motorcycles with amazing firepower and fierce melee weapons to destroy their enemies.
Try and stay alive on this frantic game where everyone, and everything, is out to kill you!
- New gameplay mode: Timeless Mode.
- Tate Mode / Vertical Mode support.
- Eight playable characters inspired by real Japanese historical figures.
- Science-fiction meets feudal Japan in this retelling of historical battles.
- Fight robots and samurai using traditional shooting and powerful melee attacks.
- Heavily skill-based gameplay for experts.
- Easy mode for beginners.
- Branching paths and multiple endings according to your characters and in-game actions.
Source : https://gematsu.com/2019/07/vasara-collection-launches-november-24-in-japan
Latest posts by Bender Bending Rodríguez (see all)
- Competitive multiplayer game Agents: Biohunters in the works for Switch - September 20, 2019
- Remnant: From the Ashes ‘Leto’s Lab’ trailer - September 20, 2019
- PlatinumGames on Astral Chain’s visual effects and how they were achieved - September 20, 2019