Vasara Collection PS4, Switch, and PS Vita limited run physical edition announced
Arcade shoot ’em up collection due out in early 2019.
Strictly Limited Games will release a limited run physical edition of shoot ’em up Vasara Collection for PlayStation 4, Switch, and PS Vita, publisher QUByte Interactive announced.
Vasara Collection was announced for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, PC, Mac, and PS Vita back in March 2018. It includes both Vasara and Vasara 2, which were initially released in 2000 and 2001, respectively, and formerly exclusive to Japanese arcades.
Here is an overview of the collection, via QUByte Interactive:
For the very first time, highly acclaimed Japanese arcade shoot ’em ups Vasara (2000) and Vasara 2 (2001) are made available to the whole world via this package: Vasara Collection!
Science-fiction meets history in these arcade classics which take place in an alternate timeline feudal Japan where technologically advanced weaponry and equipment are a reality, and heroes use flying motorcycles with amazing firepower and fierce melee weapons to destroy their enemies.
The late ruler of Japan, Hideyoshi Hashiba, has just died and Ieyasu Tokugawa is planning on taking over. The protagonists must battle their way through a series of warlords sent by Tokugawa in order to keep him from succeeding.
Fight against warships, battle tanks, giant robots, evil soldiers, and rogue Samurais to prevent 1600s Japan from being taken over by tyrannical forces.
The highly skill-based gameplay keeps you at the edge of your seat at all times. Try and stay alive on this frantic game where everyone, and everything, is out to kill you!
- PlayStation TV / Vita TV support (including Two-Player Co-Op).
- Tate Mode / Vertical Mode support.
- Eight playable characters inspired by real Japanese historical figures.
- Sci-fi meets feudal Japan in this retelling of historical battles.
- Fight robots and samurai using traditional shooting and powerful melee attacks.
- Heavily skill-based gameplay for experts.
- Easy Mode for starters.
- Branching paths and multiple endings according to your characters and in-game actions.
Vasara Collection is due out in early 2019.
Source : https://gematsu.com/2019/01/vasara-collection-ps4-switch-and-ps-vita-limited-run-physical-edition-announced
Latest posts by Bender Bending Rodríguez (see all)
- Samurai Shodown Kyoshiro trailer - June 21, 2019
- PlatinumGames still fond of The Wonderful 101, been doing “a lot of intel gathering” - June 21, 2019
- PlatinumGames Has Been Doing “A Lot Of Intel Gathering” For The Wonderful 101 - June 21, 2019