Wargroove: Double Trouble free DLC announced – new Commanders, new co-op campaign, new units, more
Chucklefish unveiled new Double Trouble DLC for Wargroove today. The update, which will be entirely free, will contain a trio of new Commanders, a new co-op campaign, and new units. A bunch of rebalancing is also planned plus new editor tool updates and more.
Chucklefish shared the following information today:
Wait, what’s this Double Trouble DLC all about?
Wargroove: Double Trouble is designed with co-op play in mind, adding a new story campaign that introduces 3 new Outlaw Commanders; the mighty Wulfar, troublemaker twins Errol and Orla, as well as the maleficent Vesper (seen below – more info about Vesper soon). After an unexpected kidnapping and some severe ransom demands, your group of rogues have no choice but to perform the biggest heist that Aurania has ever seen…
Wargroove: Double Trouble introduces:
- A brand new Co-Op Story Campaign (can be played couch co-op, online co-op or even solo)
- 3 New Roguish Commanders
- 2 New Units – Thieves & Riflemen!
- New Arcade missions
- Competitive online Quick Play maps, including some of the community’s most competitive maps as voted for by the Groove of War team
- Public and Private Multiplayer Lobbies – you can now also play custom campaigns online!
- New Volcano map theme and more updates to the custom Editor tools
- Outlaw music tracks, composed by Phonetic Hero
- And more!
But what exactly are the new Editor tools?
Wargroove: Double Trouble will give you more control than ever over your custom maps, campaigns and cutscenes:
- Unit Modifiers – We’re enabling players to modify the damage that any unit/structure receives as a percentage, including making them invulnerable. We’re also looking into a teleport unit action for the editor.
- Metalocations -We’re adding support for ‘metalocations’ which indicate where things last happened on the map, for example the last attacker, last defender, last recruit, last unit used, last movement path, last death etc. There will also be new actions for locations, such as copying a location area, moving location by (x,y), and boolean operations between locations.
- Gizmos – New place-able entities with an on and off state such as levers and chests. Using gizmos you can override terrain (e.g. draw bridges) and will also be able to enter new actions to set and toggle the gizmo state, as well as new conditions to check it.
- Counters – We’re adding new actions to perform arithmetic between counters as well as setting the counter to random value, and load/storing counter values to some other variables (HP, Groove etc.). There’s also a new condition to compare counters.
- Actions can now play sounds
- Map upload slots will also be increased so players can upload more maps at once.
- Volcano biomes now available in the map builder for all your lava needs.
Last but not least, this update also includes balance adjustments to a number of units and Commanders:
- Spearmen – Cost increased 150 => 250 gold
- Dogs – Cost decreased 200 => 150 gold
- Amphibians – Damage vs structures reduced, crit damage now 45-55 => 35-45
- Amphibians – Cost increased 250 => 350 gold
- Trebuchets = Cost increased 900 => 1000
- Balloons – Cost decreased 500 => 450
- Balloons – Can now only carry the same units as wagons
- Harpies – Minimum base damage vs structures 45% => 50%
- Koji – Drones now take 50% damage from all units instead of 800% damage
- Sedge – Sadistic rush charge speed, very slow => slow
- Tenri – Tornado charge speed, medium => slow
- “M” (secret Commander) – Groove charge speed, slow => medium
- Ryota – Blade dash charge speed, medium => fast
- Ryota – Blade dash now starts at 50% commander damage
- Ryota – Blade dash now increases in damage by 5% commander damage per “jump” on blade dash route.
- Ryota – Can now dash through neutral structures
- Commander – Minimum base damage vs soldiers 95% => 115%
- Commander – Minimum base damage vs spearmen 65% => 75%
- Critical hits no longer increase RNG damage range. All damage is max +/- 5%, even after crit
- Killing non unit summons (vines, crystals, etc) will no longer build groove
Chucklefish says Wargroove: Double Trouble is in the final testing phase. A release date and trailer will follow soon.
Leave a Reply
Source : https://nintendoeverything.com/wargroove-double-trouble-free-dlc-announced-new-commanders-new-co-op-campaign-new-units-more/
Latest posts by Bender Bending Rodríguez (see all)
- Arcade Archives Frogger coming to Switch next week - December 9, 2019
- Tekken 7 DLC characters Ganryu and Fahkumram announced - December 9, 2019
- [Nintendo Everything Podcast] – episode #57 – SNES love, Zelda Maker, Luigi’s Mansion: RE-turn to Sriracha Land - December 9, 2019